Journey to castles and cathedrals rich in history and myth. This tour will take you to the moated castle ruins of Nunney, to Glastonbury, and the holy Glastonbury Tor – forever linked with the mystical Isle of Avalon and the classical Cathedral City of Wells.
Journey deep into Somerset and King Arthur’s realm and discover a Mystical England full of Ancient Beauty & Wonder.
- Nunney Castle: Moated castle, built in the late 14th century from profits made in the Hundred Years War. Described as the most aesthetically pleasing castle in Somerset.
- Glastonbury: This former market town turned New Age hangout is usually our lunch stop, you may wish to visit The Rainbows End cafe or Burns the Bread or just wander around the quirky eclectic shops. There will be time to experience some of the highlights below:
- Glastonbury Tor: An ancient hill, which is connected to King Arthur and Guinevere, where two ancient, sacred geomagnetic lines of Michael and Mary combine – the only male and female energy lines found together and of course the Tor is thought to be the Isles of Avalon. Many people have also reported unusual, and magical happenings on the Tor – perhaps you will too?
- Glastonbury Chalice Well: situated right between the Tor and the Chalice Hill the sacred and enchanting Chalice Gardens in Glastonbury hold one of the UK’s oldest wells. The Chalice Well and Gardens have been a place of respite, meditation and peace for the last two thousand years for many thousands of people. Admission £4.30 / £3.50.
- Glastonbury Abbey: This is one of England’s earliest, most important and most fascinating abbeys, providing sanctuary, tranquility, history and heritage in one special place. Visit the legendary burial place of King Arthur or marvel at the Holy Thorn. Admission price £6.90.
- Wells: England’s smallest city, medieval Wells is enchanting with it’s glorious 13th Century Cathedral. The city, which can be traced back to Roman times, takes its name from the small springs which bubbled up and which can still be found in the gardens of the wonderful moated Bishops residence.
- Wells Cathedral: lauded as one of England’s most beautiful Cathedrals – the Choral Evensong can be a deeply moving and spiritual experience, sung by the Wells Cathedral or visiting choirs. Sometimes we are lucky enough to hear the choir practice. Go to the Wells Cathedral Website here to find out when it is next on. Suggested donation of £6.00/£5.00
STAY SAFE: Private Tour Option
Only want to travel with your family or chosen group? Why not book the entire vehicle and take a private tour? Choose any Stonehenge itinerary from only £69 per person! View our Custom Tours